17:20 20-10-2014
MAIN Russian
About us On-line subscription
KazakhstanTajikistanUzbekistanKyrgyzstanTurkmenistanWorld
POLITICSBUSINESSINCIDENTSSOCIETYCULTURESPORTANALYSISSCIENCE
Chinese manufacturers threaten Samsung, Apple

Bishkek (AKIpress) - chinese smartphone The global smartphone market is undergoing a major shift due to the rising prowess of Chinese manufacturers. The market shares of Samsung and Apple have dropped as Chinese rivals roll out more competitive products, Chosun reports.

Market researcher Strategy Analytics said Samsung accounted for 25.2 percent of the global smartphone market and Apple 11.9 percent in the second quarter, still ranking first and second. But their combined market share totaled 37.1 percent, compared to 51.7 percent in the first quarter of 2012.

It was the first time in two years that their combined market share fell below 45 percent.

China's Huawei, Lenovo and Xiaomi each accounted for five percent of the market in the second quarter. It took Xiaomi only three years to grow into the world's fifth-largest smartphone maker. It recently began exporting its products to India and Italy.

Huawei and Lenovo's sales are also growing not only in China, but in North America, the Middle East and Africa.

The share of the combined players other than the top six stood at 40.6 percent, up 3.74 percentage points compared to the same period of 2013. That is more than Samsung and Apple's combined market share.

Smaller smartphone makers have been rolling out products that meet the needs of local clients. For example, Indian firms Micromax and Karbonn rank at No. 2 and 3 in India after Samsung, while Apple controls less than five percent of the market there.


Twitterfacebookprint
09:25 04.08.2014
LATEST NEWS
17:20 Kazakhstan ratifies ILO Promotional Framework for Occupational Safety and Health Convention17:18 Amnesty bill to be considered at session of Tajik Parliament on October 2917:02 Kyrgyz fighters win 8 gold medals at MMA tournament in Russia16:50 Association of Miners and Geologists of Kyrgyzstan calls freezing of Centerra Gold Inc. shares 'unlawful'16:46 Banks in Kyrgyzstan meet needs in loans for 25% - Economy Minister16:45 President of Tajikistan submits amnesty bill to Parliament that will apply to 10,000 convicts16:39 SDPK leader accuses Ata Meken faction of double standards16:34 Kazakhstan allocates 100 bln tenge for small and medium business support - Baiterek16:34 Revenue part of Kyrgyzstan's budget for 2015 depends upon external factors16:24 President Atambayev speaks for resolute measures to protect Kyrgyzstan's interests in Kumtor project16:22 WHO declares Nigeria free of Ebola after six weeks of no new cases16:05 Parliamentary committee approves toughening of administrative penalties for violation of state border regime15:56 President Atambayev, Finance Minister Lavrova discuss priorities of draft budget for 201515:50 New York hosts conference on Treaty on Nuclear-Weapon-Free Zone in Central Asia15:48 Economy Ministry proposes establishment of state-owned mortgage company with 10 million som charter capital15:46 Tajik Foreign Minister, Honorary Consul of Tajikistan in Belgium vow to expand bilateral relations15:46 Criminal proceedings against Ata Meken MPs on their involvement in looting terminated due to lack of evidence – Deputy Prosecutor General15:33 Tajik side pays 984.1 thousand som to compensate border incident of May 715:30 Estonian filmmakers shooting documentary in Osh15:24 Islam Karimov approves memorandum on transport corridor Uzbekistan-Turkmenistan-Iran-Oman-Qatar
Astana
+12° C
Ashgabat
+15° C
Bishkek
+23° C
Dushanbe
+17° C
Tashkent
+28° C
exchange rates
 
71.01
55.33
9.04
1.35
232.77
181.50
29.64
4.43
6.38
5.00
0.82
0.12
3084.28
2367.40
385.74
61.13
3.64
2.85
0.47
0.07

© AKIpress News Agency - 2001-2014
Use of the AKIpress.com materials must be accompanied by a hyperlink to www.akipress.com
Our address:
Moskovskaya str. 189, Bishkek, the Kyrgyz Republic
e-mail: english@akipress.org, akipressenglish@gmail.com;
Tel/Fax: +996(312)90-07-75